Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?

Go down 
+15
duffman
Mr. Acura Ls
Suave_Chocolate
solis_ek9
Admin
Uly
micastle64
jdm95eg
tone760
RougeSrt
RyaMoto
nefarious187
Nelz_VW
03RedSRT4
ChepeTech
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? Empty
PostSubject: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the stock car races?? I have noticed that they dont race on that track anymore. I think that the club that ran that track is no longer there. Maybe IVScene can create some sort of membership in order for us to use the track... its a clay track. Or maybe even the old walmart parking lot can be used for events, we can have autocross races there. its big enough. I wonder what it would take to do this. Does anyone have any information? i am going to start looking into this, I really think that this would be really awesome.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:56 pm

I wonder if we could talk to the city about it. I tried to get in contact with the owners of Holtville International Speedway but they dont return calls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

this would be an awesome hang out spot. nobody gets bothered. even if we do charge a monthly membership just to keep the place maintained. I wouldnt mind even renting the place. As long as I break even every month. I would love to have racing board members to help organize events. Im talking about the fair grounds. I might even get sponsors to help us, this can be kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 pm

This is actually a good idea. We don't even necessarily need to pay out of our pockets but we can maybe come up with some sort of fundraisers to cover all the fees that we would need.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nayelly.salgado
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Soo I called IV Expo guys and they said for the race track is 2000 dollars a day we would need to show proof of insurance per vehicle and we also have to have security guards.. and that would be for the whole race track. The insurance registration is valid for 1 year and each new member would have to be registered before entering the premises. I'm trying to get in contact with the CEO to see if maybe there's another section that could be rented that's cheaper. I'll keep you guys updated on this =)
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Ah hea no...2 grand? And security? That's gonna be expensive.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm

I know.. The CEO is supposed to call me back with more prices.. I talked to the city and they told me to just try and get ahold of the old walmart owners or the realtors of the place and make an agreement since they aren't making any revenue it could be an option.
Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:50 pm

if we gotta generate revenue then that means we have to pay, I like InNout and the Dshop because all I gotta spend money on is gas and food, nothing else

we only get bothered if we race or display reckless behavior. cops
Back to top Go down
http://www.datsskateboards.com
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah but by one we gotta be out and not that many people are going anymore.. And it don't mean to have to pay out of our pocket if we're able to all do like fundraising.. Plus we don't have to worry about how late we can stay or if there's enough parking or whatever.. Some guys posted the question i looked into it cus i workwith people in the city so it don't hurt to try

Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Yeah If this goes down and we have to pay I'd be willing to put some ins. Im pretty sure this will be a one time thing ryamoto. Not a typical hangout but more like an autocross,drift,race type of thing.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:09 pm

So am I. It all depends on everyone to though..
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Nelz are you talking about the walmart parking lot? i really don't mind renting the building and actually starting an organization. As for the Fair grounds track, Im trying to actually rent the whole track all the time, everyday. like renting a building. not too sure if they will go for that. If I can rent the old walmart building, i might even be able to build an indoor autocross track, and there will be no need for security cuz it would be considered my property and since its private property the police or any other authority will not be able to do anything about it as long as i pay rent. I have money so thats not the problem. there will be a member fee though, there has to be in order to keep up with the building. then everyone can hang out as late as they want. the track will be available to all the members. the fee shouldnt be more than like $35, its like going to the gym but for your car.
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 pm

ChepeTech wrote:
Nelz are you talking about the walmart parking lot? i really don't mind renting the building and actually starting an organization. As for the Fair grounds track, Im trying to actually rent the whole track all the time, everyday. like renting a building. not too sure if they will go for that. If I can rent the old walmart building, i might even be able to build an indoor autocross track, and there will be no need for security cuz it would be considered my property and since its private property the police or any other authority will not be able to do anything about it as long as i pay rent. I have money so thats not the problem. there will be a member fee though, there has to be in order to keep up with the building. then everyone can hang out as late as they want. the track will be available to all the members. the fee shouldnt be more than like $35, its like going to the gym but for your car.

THIS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 pm

The track is really expensive. It's 2000 per day. I'm getting more quotes though. I don't know about a monthly fee, I just need the CEO to call me. She's out of town. As for the old walmart I just need to get the info and well i can ask to just rent the parking to chill and for the whole building.. I mean i'm willing to pay that's no worries. It just depends on the rest.. Some are thinking this is kinda crazy cus they rather chill "illegally" in public areas just to not pay.. I rather pay and be chilling without worring about anything.. That's my thought though. Plus its a great idea trying to get everyone together as a big group.
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 pm

yeah man, I would love to be able to call a place my legit hang out spot. I mean we would be able to have a chill room inside the building, chill outside. Run some times inside. this will also help racer not race illegally. we need something like this in the vally. I have been racing for 10 years, i have raced illegally here in the valley. I use to do it all the time! i think this would be great for the entire valley. We can even have events where people come and watch the races inside! Im willing to do this if i can get enough members and if everything else works out. I will need a crew of peeps to help out.
Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 pm

thats what the IVscene meets are for, the expo center just has a "clay track" as in soft dirt its not as solid as you think, and Im sure Uly went over this before in another post its going to be expensive to get the insurance to host an autocross event.

people have been "chilling illegally" for years, some businesses don't car because they get more customers anyway, I don't ever remember getting kicked out of a spot my past four years of going to meets.

if spots are getting boring, add more people on facebook, get to know alot more members and spread the word when things are going down like tonight sonic meet, the meet for Alexis on monday showed all it takes is a little communication to get good meets going

Last edited by RyaMoto on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 pm

That's exactly what I'm saying. I already told some other guys the same thing i posted. I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't got a lot of money but if we're a team we can all do fundraisers like i said. I hate hiding even though it can be a thrill but it would also be nice to just have something of our own as a team.. I love the idea.. You can count me in that's for sure =)
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 pm

That's what I've been trying to do all this week having people spread the word about the meets n stuff, But it takes more than one person to get this together. And it's not of actually verbally getting kicked out but it's the whole lights n like i said space if we want bigger crews... I'm not sure about the previous post about this i just responded to this post I don't mind checking things out on my own. That's just me though..
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 pm

ChepeTech wrote:
yeah man, I would love to be able to call a place my legit hang out spot. I mean we would be able to have a chill room inside the building, chill outside. Run some times inside. this will also help racer not race illegally. we need something like this in the vally. I have been racing for 10 years, i have raced illegally here in the valley. I use to do it all the time! i think this would be great for the entire valley. We can even have events where people come and watch the races inside! Im willing to do this if i can get enough members and if everything else works out. I will need a crew of peeps to help out.

But wouldnt that require meeting a lot of safety codes, also you would need a good insurance if you plan to have an indoor track
\
Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 pm

well just to show you this is the only track it has, unless you guys wanna rally your vehicles or have AWD

so if you dont want to race on that were pretty much paying for a parking area for 2000

im not saying its a bad idea to find a legal spot, but im sure theres other ways that are a bit more simple
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:39 pm

No the race track would be if they wanna run.. if it's just to chill i rather check out walmarts parking or somewhere else.. The city just said to talk to an owner of a public building and see waht they say it's worth giving it a shot..
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm

i rather just chill in a donut shop or in and out
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:43 pm

i just want to race on a track thats all. i dont mind hanging out anywhere else. the owner of that track would be who pays for all those expenses. the members dont have to worry about insurances and building expenses. the members just pay their monthly access fee. its like when you go bowling, you just go and pay to bowl right? you dont worry about the lights,paying the building...etc. I mean this isn't forcing anyone to be a member, you guys can hang out anywhere you want. but there will be that option to go to the track and race. even if your not a member i wouldnt mind any enthusiast to hang out at the parking lot. I will be the one that rents the building, I will be the one that pays the insurance, I will be the one that is responsible for the track. Its going to be a business. I will also be hiring people to come and work for the me and they will maintain the track and make sure that fees are paid for. I just wanted some feed back. I mean there are wharehouses out in the boonies that are empty that can also be a consideration.
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:45 pm

but that track at the fair is gay its full of dirt
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Yeah i get it.. Well that be on you like i said i'm willing to help figure shit out.. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next