Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

RX8-Turbo Setup.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 am

Well I finally got around to getting my turbo kit. So far I have a brand new 13b-MSP engine built for turbo....that was not turboed yet. I have broken in the engine and the kit is ready to be installed...

I bought a Greddy Turbo kit from RaceBeats. It has a td06-18g Mitsubishi Turbo, Cast iron manifold, downpipe, wastegate set to 6psi (I know...but thats it came), all intercooler pipes, intercooler, all hardware required and a greddy emanage ultimate ecu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have also had a custom intake manifold made for the turbo...this kit did not come with it, i had it fabbed up. it replaced my plastic intake manifold with a aluminum, its not so much for cooler air. Its designed to take more boost, about 24psi.

this is the old plastic one.

This is the new one.

So I continued on my journey of installing this kit.

I loosed the right tire and jacked up the car 16 inches. I then proceeded to remove the crossmember

then I removed the cat back, header and motor mount.

Then I put in the turbo and followed the manifold...it is very tight in there. I bolted it all up. took me about 8-10 hours just to do all of this. i had to remove the manifold and turbo like 4 times.

As you can see it is very tight in there.
I installed all the intercooler pipes and intercooler. I needed to remove the front bumper.
Now i did not receive the front intercooler mounts so I had them fabbed up at a shop near by. they did an awesome job. its right behind tuckers autobody.

Then I realized that my purge valve was not going to work because the new intake manifold had no place for it. so i cut it off the old manifold and kind of made my own.

I want to make sure that I follow California Emissions Laws......HA!!! i just dont want to get a CEL.

Then I wired this bitch up...just a plug in play harness. to the Stock ECU and my New greddy Emanage ECU.

And here is the engine bay.
It needs to be cleaned up...all the red wires are my home made ground kit. it really helps on spark. its all about the ohms baby. lol.

Well i still need to put in the oil pressure adapter, the oil return and the downpipe. I hope I can do this next weekend. Well I will keep you all posted.

I am still in need of a boost gauge (Uly did you find it), a Wideband gauge and sensor and a EGT gauge. If any one has one please pm me. I would rather buy one here and support you guys than buy one on ebay.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:54 am

good write up chepe! cant wait to see this beast on the streets!!!

and yeah ill look for it tomorrow if i have a chance but i wasnt sure you were going to get it or not so i didnt look for it....hahaha
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Bring it to the meet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks Uly, Yeah let me know on the gauge.

For Sure 03, I think its time the let the beast come out and play....maybe...hahahahahahahahaha. I am going to bring it to the meet, I still need to tune it, I dont want to detonate the engine. I need some gauges, I have been lazy and not ordered them. I guess Im waiting on that awesome deal. HAHAHAHA.
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm

very nice man. how much was that e-manage?
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Nixon The emanage comes with the kit. I think its like 800 bucks or something... I might not use it so if your interested in it can hook you up. I might go COBB ACCESS PORT.
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 am

WOW.. Nice write up men!! Sick work you doing men!!
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 am

Chepe i found the gauge and ill post up a pic.
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 am

looking forward to seeing you n your car at the meet this sunday man
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet. My car is still not ready. I finally finished bolting up the downpipe. I was missing the AFR Sensor, and the EGT. I also install the oil pan oil return line. I am still missing the pressure line. I installed a AN-3 Oil pressure t on my other Engine thats on a stand and the fitting failed....so no oil pressure, I ordered the oil sandwhich adapter which should be here by wednesday. I already turned the car on and put the car back into the driveway. No Check Engine, Thank GOD! and it idles really smooth (While idle it runs on stock ecu maps). Can wait to hit the road...I still need to tune it. I will post up pics and how I proceeded to tune it.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Nice! What EGT probe did you go with?

That check engine light might take a few miles to trip.
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 pm

I got a cheap EGT probe. I went with a Sunpro. I got it at pepboys for like 60 bucks man. It does the job. I guess as long as my afr are good. it should be ok. I should be cruising at about 1700 degrees.

My damn AFR starting making a whining noise in my stereo....kind of sux. I have to find a better ground for it.

I WOT for a bit and the greddy Emanage seems to be doing a good job. I am getting 11.6-12.1 AFR underboost. I only turned it on to move the car back into the house. As i dont have oil pressure in the turbo yet. Hopefully my sandwhich plate comes in today.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am

Nice! I might have to go check that EGT kit out. I have wanted one for a long time, but I need one that goes to 2000*F
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 pm

The one I got at pepboys goes up to 2000.
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:11 am

Well I finally finished. I ordered a sandwhich oil adapter and bought some 3 fucken adapters to fit my damn an-3 Turbo oil line...which by the way its 3/16th. But it runs like a champ. Keeping 11.6 and lower afr under boost. Which means no detonation. Greddy did a mighty fine job tuning the stand alone ecu. I have been driving it for two days now drives amazing. Thanks for reading everyone!
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 am

Video or else its just blah a.k.a: bullshit! Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Car sounds sick chepe... se dejaron cae la grenia con el intake mani..
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm

It aint BS, lol Armazecreta already saw it.
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Im gonna record it on my phone... Crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RX8-Turbo Setup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RX8-Turbo Setup.   RX8-Turbo Setup. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RX8-Turbo Setup.
Page 1 of 1