Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

DFMIC testing.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Just having fun with my new IC.

AGP DFMIC log link: Deposit Files

Stock FMIC log: Deposit Files

Since the ambient temp is different, we will have to concentrate on the rise from ambient.
Another member is going to help me make some graphs. Feel free to download the logs, as depositfiles will not host them for long.

I did a 0-140 pull I think for the stock IC, and a 1-150 or so pull on the AGP IC. I was trying to get the biggest results, with the most abuse I could put the car through. Its freaking hot outside today :readclose

I boost leak tested the car after install, i didn't notice any boost leaks other than a very tiny one. I seemed to have trouble holding as much boost on the second test. I am using a boost box, so I may need to reset the PCM to adjust the WGDC. Both tests were on E85.

At 20psi in 5th gear, by the time I reached 144mph my charge temp was 160*, ambient showing 102* at that time. This was on the stock intercooler. Actual temperature outside was 86*.

At 18psi in 5th gear, by the time I reached 144mph my charge temp was 149* with an ambient temp of 104*, actual outside temp was 102* according to the log. At then end of a pull to 155mph my ACT was 154*.

Timing was 39* starting from 1st gear, and around 3rd gear it began to drop. Finally ending at 28.5 in 5th gear. I believe this was the PCM controlling it, as I haven't added timing since flashing, and I haven't seen any KR. Just been letting the PCM do its thing.

Stock FMIC:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AGP DFMIC:

If you have not had any experience at datalogging or viewing raw pids, let me know. I can instruct you on how to view the logs and interpret the information. We can make this a tech learning experience. Who's wants to learn something?

Theres only one person here in El Centro who seems to have educated themselves with respect to the tech department. Chepetech, I am talking to you Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:41 am

Stock intercooler:

AGP:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:41 am

wow gains all across the chart!!!! good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivscene.net
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:28 am

Admin wrote:
wow gains all across the chart!!!! good stuff!

Unfortunetly no.

The AGP intercooler performed almost identical to the stock intercooler. In fact. Understanding a higher ambient temp was the condition for the AGP IC testing, both intercoolers saw a 30* rise in IAT.

Long story short, the AGP intercooler performs no better than the stock intercooler, which is terrible.
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

What kinda gay shit is that? The same performance?
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Yeah. The charge temps were 152*F at the same point in the log. Frikken a man!

It seems the only true fix to this issue is a BFMIC. CTI, or AIS seem to be the best, but they are expensive! I would also have to remove the stock crashbar, and get a custom one, or fab one up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DFMIC testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: DFMIC testing.   DFMIC testing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DFMIC testing.
Page 1 of 1