Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

My Jetta Project

Go down 
+3
03RedSRT4
nsticks
Nelz_VW
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:29 pm

So this is kind of what I plan to do with the Jetta what do you guys think.. And as for engine goes.. I'm not sure if i should stay with this stock 2.5 just add headers intake and a few other things or switch to another engine but i have no clue what would be stronger than this.. What do you guys think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nayelly.salgado
nsticks
nsticks

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Looks sick. If you're looking to swap, the quickest thing would be the GTI/GLI 2.0T swap. My brother just got a new GTI and it's pretty quick for what it is. Plus, ACR makes a plug-and-play tune to give that engine 280HP.
I'm not sure about your car's power band, but if it's anything like mine (lots of low end and mid-range) a header won't give you as much of a power increase as you might think... at least not for the price. Intakes and catback exhausts are always the first things to put on. Smile
Read up on tunes for your engine. SCT flashers and such. See what kind of gains you can get.
As for suspension, KW seems to have pretty compatible suspension systems for Volkswagons. If you want something a little less slammed/harsh... H&R offers shocks, lowering springs, and awesome anti-roll bars.

Just my opinion here-- but I think you should go with multi-spoke wheels. I'm kind of biased though haha. But I think VWs look best with those. Keeps the whole Euro-touring car image going.
Good luck! We all want to see what you end up doing so keep the forum informed.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:25 pm

As for the drop i don't want anything too low i was thinking 1.5 - 2in at the most but maybe on some coilovers.. The streets in the valley aren't the best.. Engine wise i kinda though the same as the GTI .. Gli is fast though not as fast as the GTI.. intake is the first thing i was thinking.. Since i was still kind of working on the body I'm just gonna leave that aside n do engine.. I really need to get the tune going never done it.. Yet don't know where I can get it done.. I was thinking of taking out the governor too.. that would probably just help to go over 130 (that's the most i've topped lol) As for rims go.. this is wat i was kind of looking into and just going on 18's.. Im basically barely starting with this but i'tll be done pretty soon I hope =)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:45 pm

I assume thats bagged? It looks sick, but don't sacrifice too much astetics for driveability. Remember you live in a city with TERRIBLE roads.

If you are going to get an aftermarket tuning device, I recommend a wideband.

I like the multispoke as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah like i said the drop i'm no where near gonna drop it as much. lol I had really bad experience with my honda it was about 2 inch or a bit less off the ground i couldn't even cross to mex haha so im just trying to give it a sexy drop u can say.. As for tuning i'll be super honest I don't know nothing =( Sad i know haha.. So if u guys can help that be super awesome..
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:01 pm

I am not a VW expert but I can give tips. I am sure ChepeTech can as well.

Just know that if you get a tune, you will need a wideband.
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 pm

i would say vr6
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:31 pm

This is SICKNESS!!!! BADASS NELZ!! YeaH! As 03RedSrt4 said we can help. I would definately do Coilovers with a damper kit, you will get a much better ride and you can get pretty low on them without a problem, your also gonna need a camber kit, not sure exactly which ones cuz I dont do VW but a car is a car right? lol OR you can get Negative Camber Perelli tires if you dont want a camber kit and like your wheels all butterflied. Im pretty sure we can tune it. DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 pm

yeahh it would look sick 2inch drop 18s whit 40s
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks guys.. Do u guys know where i can get it tuned? N yeah vw are kinda special even gor air filters to switch it lol.. But its not impossible... I just really want to get her, together but there so much idk i read alot of stuff online but Im more of a visual person i learn by watcjing n doing so its kinda hard...
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 pm

what kind of tunning do you want to do? intake exhaust? turbo? supercharger? it all depends. If your just going to do intake and exhaust you can add a mod chip already tuned for that. OR we can do it if you buy a safc or somthing similar. all we need to do is lean out your car just a little to make it produce a little more horse power. Smile I can help you just let me know what you want to do. I will even show you how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 am

I.want something thats going to increase the easinrss to take off.. Its prettyfast just it knda stays stuck if u start from 0... Intake im definetly doing and not sure what else would be good for the.care.i.was thinking turbo... ive looked ar some chips but not sure if.they worked or.not...
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 am

If you want to take off fast swap an r32 golf drivetrain!! Im pretty sure it will take off with that!! Hahahaha i think you should chip it and see if that works then turbo cuz turbo is more on the expensive side.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:35 am

Actually turbo wasnt that bad atleast for the t3/t4 turbo.. I hadn't even thought abut the R32 those are pretty quick though..
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:45 am

I think you should look at your jetta forums to see what works best. You can't beat real life accounts and experiences.
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am

That was the best advice I got when I was first starting. (03redSRT4)
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 pm

yeah you should definatly look into the vw forums. Whats the best option for your buck. Im with nefarious.
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:03 pm

if you want better throttle response, change your throttle body to a bigger one. or you can bore out yours. also your intake manifold can be changed out as well. but most of the time just changing your throttle body will get you a quicker response.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 pm

So how do I know which one would be the best option for the throttle body.. Cause there's a few.. there's 70MM, 80MM, and 90MM..
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:47 pm

I would go with a 70mm and 80 or 90 is too much. Make sure it is NOT a universal one...or if it is a universal one make sure you can get an adapter plate for it. ALSO i forgot to mention get a throttle body spacer as well.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm

I got a ported throttle body and noticed a faster throttle response.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm going to try and switch the throttle and chip like chepe was saying and see how that works.. Atleast as a start lol...
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:20 pm

oh puedes aser polish tu head its a big diference
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 pm

^^ That i hadn't heard of...
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 pm

google it instead of wastings money on expensive headrs do poloish head exhaust and intake wil improve bt removin mm de adentro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Jetta Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Jetta Project   My Jetta Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Jetta Project
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next