Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Cheap Turbo

Go down 
+3
big_jay
Chubaka
RyaMoto
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Not sure if we've been over this before but are Ebay turbo kits that bad?

they look like a cheap and easy solution, I hear horror storys on the net, but also storys of how incredibly good they worked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.datsskateboards.com
Chubaka
Admin
Chubaka

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Its pretty much hit or miss with those kits, I have seen one last 2 days then the turbo started smoking
Back to top Go down
big_jay
Granny Shifting
big_jay

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:54 pm

save your money and buy a good kit new or used, or source parts from craigslist or a forum, if you do your hw right you can build a good kit for your car, you can pick up turbos that need rebuilds cheap if you know where to look and are persistant, but theres a lot more than just buying an intercooler and a turbo which most ebay kits consist of to get full benifit..

just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
ray
Clutchless Shifting
ray

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:23 am

Agree with Big jay
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:19 am

I say piece it together. Theres a reason why turbo kits on ebay are sooooo cheap.....
Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:52 am

piecing together a turbo kit would cost a lot more? or about the same? like under $800 ashamed
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Performance is never good to go cheap. 800 is cheap for a turbo kit!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Drop a V8.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivscene.net
big_jay
Granny Shifting
big_jay

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:16 am

dont want to rain on your parade but let me break it down for you b.s aside

set a goal of how much whp you want, and do ur hw and go from there, theres a bunch of ebay kits with diferent size turbos, but from what i have understood your can not run a lot of psi on a n/a especially stock

the best way i.m.o is build the motor do pistons, rods, valves, the valve springs, retainers, headstuds, good set of cams and gears, port the head, performance intake manifold, headers, high flo-cat, and full catback exaust, bigger radiator, but you prob already have some of these parts in your car already so thats less of an expense jaja but your motor will not go out with the stress if done right, if you do this your car will already be running faster than it was, then turbo the shit out of your car

but if you do decide to buy the ebay kit its famous for the manifold to break, and your turbo seals to go out, and im saying in most cases not all so if your lucky your lucky if your not your not, so id say save some money to replace the manifold and turbo or just buy a used good performance intake manifold and put a oil restrictor on the turbo oil line so it wont blow the seals, ive read that the intercoolers do hold up pretty good, if anything just buy t-bolt clamps and your set, and of course your going to need a tune so u need to find a good tuner

i do not own a civic nor have i owned one, but i was doing some research for a friend a few months back who wanted to turbo his teggy (i do my hw before doing anything on my car) so if i am mistaken feel free to correct me, but most of this could be found by doing research

so i cant really tell you what to do nor do i know the prices of the parts but if you can stretch your $800 and you want to do it, then do it,

just keep us posted with your decision and your build [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:31 am

Thanks for all that Info Jay, im just planning to run about 7-8 psi, something that the stock internals can take, im not looking to make tons of horse power I just want a turbo on my ride almost like a factory set up, I want a little pep to my ride, ill keep this thread updated.

they always say

Cheap, Reliable , fast

you can only have two

Im just going for cheap and reliable

Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:51 am

i had a cheap t3 t4 turbo (ebay) in my toyota tacoma. it lasted me two years with no problems. BUT!! it is a hit and miss! they may not be very well balanced and the compressor can explode and you will have shrapnel being sucked into your intake and KABOOOOOOM! goes your engine. I was boosting 8lbs.

I would definately buy all the custom ebay pipes the intercooler, the bov. I would buy a used turbo though and rebuilt it instead. have a reputable shop rebuild it and balance it. you can get a used rebuilt one in excellent shape between 200-400 bucks.

good luck man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheap Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Turbo   Cheap Turbo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Turbo
Page 1 of 1