Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

where can i get a turbo installed??

Go down 
+4
tone760
evo_jfa
03RedSRT4
spkrs642
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spkrs642
spkrs642

where can i get a turbo installed?? Empty
PostSubject: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:14 am

hey ppl im thinkin of buying a turbo kit for my oz lancer and im trying to find out whos has the knowledge of installing turbo kit here in the valley much help will be helpful Big Grin oohh and where to get it tune ashamed
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 am

Before you purchase the kit, look into what companies offer aftermarket tuning devices. A flash tuner will make likfe easier than their antequated counter parts, such an SAFCII or a Dtec.

Questions you should ask:

What tuning software/hardware is best for you? (WOT timing, fuel, etc...)
How much boost do you plan on running? (How much is safe on your engine)
How will you datalog? (Lap top?)

What size turbo generally makes the power level you are looking for?
Will you be able to pass emmissions with a turbo kit?
Is your computer compatible with a turbo kit? (Modifications needed or new computer?)
Will your clutch handle your new increased torque?
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:11 am

thank 03redsrt4 but im build my own custom turbo kit im gathering the parts right now from an eclipse g1/g2 Big Grin so far i have the turbo and the manifold Big Grin i just need the oil lines, intercooler i was think of buying an mishimoto intercooler, 38mm/ 35mm External Wastegate, blowoff,boost controller and some other minor stuff Big Grin for emission i dont care i got plates on my car and since im from the valley no more smog checks Big Grin (and if just in case i got hook ups here in the valley) my motor can handle 9 psi safely with stock internals( found this info at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but i just want 5 just for a little more kick for the freeway when traveling Big Grin plus my car is automatic i want to install an oil tranny cooler and replace tranny fluid with royal purple atf fluid Big Grin i was gonna buy the turbo kit from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a well and recognized mitsubishi lancer aftermarket parts and other car brands well i didnt buy it cuz it costs 4,000 Sad and iam in a budget so far im research and i can get all the parts for 2,000 or less

Last edited by spkrs642 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:51 pm

My friend I prefere to stay stock, what 03redsrt4 said it's right. You are rolling a Mitsubishi so be careful with this brand. No offense but it is not a Honda where you can bolt a turbo and no tune it's required. Tune is the most important part of turbo application. 5 psi is ok to avoid new pistons and internals, however fuel injection what I'm more concern.

I think you will have a great time working with you car, but be carefull when you mod a car with a turbo.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 pm

My shit is blown up ATM. Lol.

5psi isn't worth the money or the work. I would not get a turbo, or a turbo'd car running less than 15 or so psi. Its not worth it at all. I would get another platform, one that comes with a turbo, and is modd-able.
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 pm

tas loko wey ur engine cant have 9 psi safely
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:22 am

thanks evo guy Big Grin yeah i know i have done my research at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Big Grin lots of useful info oooh for the injectors i can use the Subaru sti stock injectors Big Grin i found out this on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] almost every lancer in that forum uses those injectors Big Grin and thanks for the careful part yeah i just wanna be diffrent from everyone in the valley all u see here is jut hondas and srt4 Sad not hatting but theres also lots of more cars out there to tune and use Big Grin and i just felt in love with mitsumo

and sorry srt4 im not gonna sell it its my dream car and ill stick to it to the end and it maybe not be as fast as urs but im felt for this car since day one and im planning on keeping it for a long time plus 5 psi is fine with me this car was not meant for racing it was meant to bee seen and appreciate it like i do Big Grin soooo for me its mitsumo all day everyday Big Grin
Back to top Go down
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Bump for keep your track on this proyect.

03RedSRT4 just adviced what happens when you have a turbo.... you maybe want it to boost more 3gears . I thought the same when I was adding mods to my 3G. But in my case I prefare to save to get another plataform as you may notice Wink
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:18 am

Tunning in the valley is a no go!! I dont think anyone here does it. Especially on a car that is not turbo from the factory and you make it turbo. So your choices are Yuma or San Diego. If you were going megasquirt for your ECM(computer) then ive heard of a shop in el cajon thats pretty good at it. He only tunes it to run good and safe and he wont try to squeeez every hp your car can make. Its been a while since ive been to el cajon so im not sure if he still there tho but if you were going that rout then you might wantto try him out.

By the way what type of controler you using?? Just for fuel? Or spark/timing and all that?
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:54 am

I tune my SRT, you don't need anything more than a tunning device, a lap top, and an email account.

I adjust my fuel, ignition timing, can adjust MBT but don't need to, fan settings, rev limiter, speed limiter, boost in each gear, or by RPM if I choose, etc etc. For injector and sensor rescales I get those through email from a professional tuner. That's how I am able to run a stage 3 turbo, rising rate FPR w/ returnline, 1025cc (80lb) injectors and 3 Bar MAP and TIP sensors all on a stock computer. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:43 pm

03srt4 im with you but your car is factory turbo. I have yet to see a non turbo car made turbo and run stock ecu/ecm. A stock thrbo car can be tuned with a laptop and an email like you say but not on a non turbo car. Thats why i was telling him about etting a different ecm. If you can tune a non turbo computer then you know what your doing.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 am

Ahh, I see your point.

Maybe a megasquirt, stand alone, or something similar would be necessary. Again, the platform he has is limiting his choices.
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:10 am

03RedSRT4 wrote:
Ahh, I see your point.

Maybe a megasquirt, stand alone, or something similar would be necessary. Again, the platform he has is limiting his choices.

I agree with you
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 am

i have turboed many non turbo cars. it is not easy. especially when your car is automatic, these are very hard to tune. 5 psi is not really anything, there are a lot of things to consider: you will definately need a standalone ECU, MEgasquirt, Haltech...etc. these will controll your fuel injection, spark , timing and MAF. depending on your car sometimes you may need to keep your existing ecu to manage other components that the stand alone cant manage, and this will require you to mesh your harness with the Stand alone harness. you will need a datalogger and a wideband o2 sensor with gauge. $$$$ just a inexpensive standalone with NO fuel trim maps of your vehicle preprogrammed will be around $800. Now you can go a different route IF your ECU will cooperate is go with a very inexpensive SAFC, which only manages fuel trims...mostly Hondas do this because their map sensors are easily intercepted.

putting in STI injectors for 5psi is a bit overkill, Im pretty sure for 5psi your injectors may manage.

as for internals....yeah you should be ok with 5psi.

These things take time and money, lol. I am currently working on installing a turbo in my RX8, just the Standalone Haltech Sprint RE was 1400.00 and I have to still mesh my harness with the sprint re due to the fact that my powersteering AC and my oil metering system will not function correclty without my stock ecu.... I have also just rebuilt my engine which is ROTARY non pistons. I built it for 24 psi. that cost me about 1800. I do all my fabrications and installs.

I think this is a good project and learning experience for you. if you got time and are willing to break your car and not worry about fixing it soon...then go for it!
Good luck! if you have any questions feel free to pm me. I encourange any enthusiast to take on any project they desire, just remember to really think it through. Smile $700 turbo project can turn into a $3000 project!
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:55 am

tsss rx8 turbo finally someone from the valley does it ull be making mad power
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 pm

sorry i didnt answer i was on vacations Big Grin haha well for the ecu im saving to buy a piggyback special made for the lancer only heres the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with this i can tune my lancer for the turbo setup Big Grin i also read in the forums where i get all my information that i can use the stock evo ecu
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:37 am

YEAH THATS PRETTY COOL MAN! your gonna needa plx wideband o2 sensor and a gauge. AEM makes one too but i recommend the plx. you can tune this baby on your own with the plx. the plx measures your exhaust and lets you know if you are lean or rich. this is a definate if you are tuning on your own. Make sure that you order it with the BASE N/A MAP! this way you have a map to start your tunning off with. very important. im pretty sure that you can install the turbo on your own. if the turbo kit comes with a down pipe then excellent. if not, what i do is i go to muffler world with jason and he makes one for me right then and there. good luck man!
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 am

oh i forgot...for 5 psi, i wouldnt get an intercooler. unless your really want to. you can put a small one from ebay. the ebay kits come with universal pipes and all you have to do is cut them. you can use a mitter saw and buy a blade for metal at lowes. it does the job.
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:14 am

thanks for the advice dude will be looking foward to ur advices and yeah i want an intercool i want my engine cool and safe especialy for this valley weather Big Grin and when im done gathering up all the parts u think u could installed just asking if not its kool bro thanks alot Big Grin
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:33 am

yeah man, i can install it for you. that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:24 am

awesome thanks ill be hitting u up soon once i finish gettin all my parts together Big Grin
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:25 am

give me a list of all the items that will be installed. with the brand name and model so I can be prepared.
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:12 pm

well iam have to stop my project for a while cuz i gotta pay my medical bills and some other stuff so iam have to give my dream some rest Sad but for now iam going buy the pulley kit and a piggyback to get the most power out of the other basic mods(intake header exhaust pulleykit and some ingnition mods) Big Grin
Back to top Go down
ray
Clutchless Shifting
ray

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:17 pm

.... And that's why I just bought a subaru lol, skipped the part on installing a turbo and just save $$$ to make it better lol,

I would really think on just buying another car or why not sale that one and with the 2000 for turbo just get an srt4, already turbo, a/c, 4 door like urs Smile Cuz once u start boosting u will want more at least 10+ and still have a safe car for u and family( if have any.)

I also Couldn't let go that ONE first car Smile but subaru came in.
so I understand u
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Yup i would have to agree^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where can i get a turbo installed??   where can i get a turbo installed?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where can i get a turbo installed??
Page 1 of 1