Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Who wants their SRT tuned?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Who wants their SRT tuned?  Empty
PostSubject: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Okay, I have had my hands on a few local SRT's here and I am ready and willing to help everyone out.

If you have a Neon SRT-4, and you need rescales for your injectors, MAP, and TIP sensors, or tunes for your turbo's and modded blocks I will help. I know a licensed CMR tuner and he does VERY good work. He has made me a few tunes, and rescales for my injectors, sensors and even my E85 tune. If you want, I will help you get the software modifications you need, and get your cars running right. LMK.

I am currently helping another member with a rescale and tune, we are just awaiting parts in the mail.

I can tell you the hardware you need, and we can discuss the supporting modifications. Let's get the IV SRT scene hooked up and running STRONG!

I am not a licensed CMR tuner, but I can teach you to tune your fuel, boost, and timing, and how to datalog. The CMR changes will be done via email. It's a simple process.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
nachosrt
Granny Shifting
nachosrt

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:23 pm

hell yeah man , SRT ftw haha as soon as i get enough money i am going to buy a diablo sport predator and a wide band, Am i going to need a MAP, and TIP sensor upgrade?
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 am

Wise choice my friend. I also use a DSP.

You don't need to upgrade to3 Bar MAP and TIP sensors unless you are holding/ can hold more than 18psi. The stock sensors can interpolate fuel up to 18.25psi (it might be 18.5 I'll have to look it up)

A spike more than that is acceptable on stock sensors.

Your sig tells me you are doing everything right man, I just have to point out two things in it; The iridiums give a lot of us trouble, I know the won the Sparkplug Shootout, but the foul very easily, and when you increase your boost you will need to regap a few times, and regapping iridium's more than once is very difficult. I suggest NGK 4306's, as they are copper core, and also one step colder. But you probably already knew that.

Your 20 psi spike is fine on stock injectors, but after installing the canned tune on the DSP, that spike will increase, and so will the hold. (Boost leak test of course)

The turbo timer will NEED to be shut off anytime you use the Predator. It WILL eff up the flash process.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 pm

We had some good results with Nefarious's SRT today. It was good to see a smile on his face. His car is running stronger than ever.
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Haha it sure did give me a smile till the Co of the base supposedly caught me doing 80 MPH...
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 am

nefarious187 wrote:
Haha it sure did give me a smile till the Co of the base supposedly caught me doing 80 MPH...

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 pm

It was on that lil stretch of road from Evan Hughes to the entrance...i never ever speed on that shit i didn't even do past 45 maybe cuz my car is so damn loud...i ain't gonna try to argue about it ill just be the good sailor and be like yes Co it was Me...
Back to top Go down
nachosrt
Granny Shifting
nachosrt

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:03 am

nefarious187 what mods do you have in your srt ?
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:15 am

Short ram intake,injen no cat full exhaust,and my new atp cold side pipe with the Turbo xs bov....Ill pm u the rest of my parts coming in on mail....
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 am

I need to get tuned too! Oh yeah and a boost leak test too!
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 5:50 am

Nicks the man when it comes to tuning. He tuned my srt did a hell of a job.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm

RougeSrt wrote:
I need to get tuned too! Oh yeah and a boost leak test too!

Do you have an air compressor? It will be needed for the boost leak test. I made a boost leak tester, and I have a spray bottle we can use. Do you have a tuning device? We will need one, like a Diablosport Predator or an SCT. The DSP is HIGHLY preferred.

NGK 4306's copper cores have proven to be the best over all plug for the stock turbo's.

A 180* Thermostat is available at Autozone, and will help prevent some of the STKR in the higher rpms, due to high head temperatures. The NGK's will also help dissipate some of that extra heat generated from a wide range WOT pull.

If you are on the stock turbo, you will have some boost pressure drop due to that BFMIC. The turbo has to push more air to achieve the same pressure, rather than with a DFMIC, and will heat the air more, lowering the density, and subsequently heat soaking the intercooler.

Do you have a wideband? You will need one in order to monitor/ log your AFR's. 11.7 seems to be out sweet spot, however that research was widely accomplished on 93 octane pump gas. We will be running 91, so we will ideally be around 11.5. (Not lambada, but converted)

The stock MAP and TIP sensors are 2.25 Bar. They will limit you to interpolating fuel at about 18.5psi. A slightly higher spike is acceptable, but on the stock turbo you won't hold more than about 16psi at 6200 rpms. Boost leaks prevent you from holding much.

A check valve is necessary if you don't have one already. The stock Positive Crank case ventilation system is very incapable of preventing boost from entering the valve cover.

Do you have a tuning device and wideband? Those are the basics to get us started.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:28 pm

nefarious187 wrote:
Nicks the man when it comes to tuning. He tuned my srt did a hell of a job.

We still have a long way to go with the stuff you have. Zip Tie all those lines in the next two weeks. I will be in SD until the 14th. Then we will finish tuning your boost curve, fuel, and finally timing.
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:11 am

I can get my hands on an air compressor, but its not that big! As far as the list for the tuning I have nothing lol! I can get the spark plugs thats about it for now lol!
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 am

We will need a medium sized air compressor. I can borrow onr if needed. You should invest in a DSP. Read this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
nachosrt
Granny Shifting
nachosrt

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 pm

I was chekcing out the prices and damn its pretty expensive
what i want---
diablo sport $300
3 bar TIP Sensor/3 bar map sensor $180
wideband $250
stage 2 injectors $340

total=$1,070

Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:11 pm

you could 750 CC used injectors for less than $230 bucks and 3bar sensors for less than $80 at the srtforums. I've even seen the dsp on Craigslist for about $250 IR even less.
Back to top Go down
nachosrt
Granny Shifting
nachosrt

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

i need to get familiar with the srtfourm, i dont think i can but or sell things beucase i dont have enought posts, i used to buy things there but scince they changed things around i dont even get it anymore,

as soon as i save some money iima tell nick to look stuff for me, im plaining to buy a dsp asap, so if you or nick see anything pls tell me,

Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 pm

fosho but I'ma give the advice Nick gave me. Its a better idea to have your air fuel gauge before any tuning is conducted.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Nefarous is 100% correct. You really need the Wideband before you start adjusting fuel. Adjusting boost is adjusting fuel BTW, for any one reading this thread.

You don't need larger injectors, and if/ when you do, the stage 2's will be a waste of money. They are still small as far as high boost levels are concerned. We can see how much more fuel you need, if any when we get your DSP in and run some datalogs.

Alot of SRT owners want bigger injectors. Why? I have no fucking idea at all. I don't know where this mentality started. Your injector duty cycle will tell you what ammount of injector use you have and are running and may need. Let me look for a screen shot of a datalog and I will show you what I am talking about. I pushed the stock turbo to its limits on 91 octane and didn't need injectors other than stage 1's. (Stock 2004/5 injectors) I had to get larger injectors because I run E85 and it requires ~30% more volume to reach stoich. If you don't know what Stoic is, you need to read up on it, and you aren't ready for larger injectors. Look up: Stoichometric and see what I am talking about for yourself. BTW if you get larger injectors, or if you get 3 Bar MAP and TIP sensors, you WILL 100% need a rescale incorperated in your tune, and I can hook you up with Dave to get the best rescales money can buy, and at an excellent price as well.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Okay, Andres, hers is proff you don't need larger injectors (At this stage of your build)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In this first screen shot of your log (remember this day? Where I asked you f you filled with 87 octane? Chuckle ) Your Injector Duty Cycle is peaked near 23192 us, and you are IN COT. COT is Crysler/ CMR term for Catalytic Overtemperature Protection . COT is a condition within the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) that "dumps" a large ammount of fuel into the cumbustion chamber. This is an EXTREMLY RICH condition. Your perfect STOICH (look that up) is 14.7, which is why your car idles at 14'7 AFR's (Lambada (Look that up too)) COT switched your Open Loof Fuel/ Air Ratio (Commonly called "Olfa") From its commanded AFR for Power enrichment (Look that up) near 11.7 down to 9.0 or even 8.0 or even as rich as 7.0 on very rare occasion. This condition was designed and incorperated into your PCM by Crysler to save your Catalytic Converter, otherwise it would burn up. The latent heat (Look that up) properties of your fuel draw kinetic energy (Heat in this case) from the cylinders, and turbofold and cool dow the camber, fold, and CAT.

Now, you are in COT at ~5500 rpms. That means you have a SUPER RICH ratio and a wideband will verify this condition. You need to be leaner, meaning you need less fuel, meaning your injectors can spray more fuel than you need right now. Get it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is another shot, and it shows the same information, @ 5285 rpms, you are pushing about 15.99 pounds of boost and and your injector duty cycle is only 20056. Thats weak man. Meanwile your OLFA is 10.0, thats SUPER RICH, and your OLFA needs to be near 11.5 on 91 octane. In a few words "You don't need larger injectors right now."

If that's hard to understand I apologize. On the other hand, you will not find very many SRT owners who will explain such PCM details in depth for free, or for fun Yes Nod

I love SRT-4's its part of my life Big Grin
Back to top Go down
nachosrt
Granny Shifting
nachosrt

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:01 am

haha nice info, ok injectors are out of my list , wideband+dsp+sensor , have you seen any cheap ones in the srtforum?
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:26 am

Nice info Nick! You should open your own tuning shop with all the knowledge you have!
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:11 am

nachosrt wrote:
haha nice info, ok injectors are out of my list , wideband+dsp+sensor , have you seen any cheap ones in the srtforum?

I haven't checked in a while. Modernperformance.co has the best deals on DSP's. You can get the sensors later, you don't need them right now. Once you get the DSP and Wideband we can start tuning, after a bost leak test of course. Then when you car is ready to push more than 18psi we can get the sensors and the rescale, the rescale is usually 50$.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 am

RougeSrt wrote:
Nice info Nick! You should open your own tuning shop with all the knowledge you have!

I would if I could, but I can afford the CMR software and licence. Its about $5,000.

Instead I try to help out who I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wants their SRT tuned?    Who wants their SRT tuned?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who wants their SRT tuned?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scene(cars, trucks, bikes, street, off-road) :: Tech-Talk and Set-Ups-
Jump to: