Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

My stock manifold data. >pics inside<

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

My stock manifold data. >pics inside< Empty
PostSubject: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 pm

To compare my new exhaust manifold against any gains/losses with my new one, I made this. When I get the data finished on the new manifold, I will add that information to the graph. In the mean time let's look at what we achieved with it: (By we, I mean me, and my tuner Duster360, via email rescale)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was done on 91 octane. (I had a great deal of KR) I wanted to see how much boost I could push, and when the Drop Off was, so I could compare it to another manifold.

Log: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
noender
Admin
noender

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:42 am

wish i could understand this Sad
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:44 am

It's easy man. The small ass turbo I have is a TD04LR. It flows poorly at high RPM's because it can't flow enough air. The air it does flow is also SUPER HOT. It's basically a blow drier.

It can boost a shit ton in lower rpms, But it has to be spinning at an ungodly rpm. It goes as fast as it can, and then at 3800 rpm's it can't keep up anymore.

The green line represents the trend in the ammount of air my turbo pushes, while the blue line represents my boost trend. See how low it is at 6K. Only 12.5psi. Thats depressing crap right there. And that's maxxed out on PCM control.
Back to top Go down
Suave_Chocolate
Power Shifting
Suave_Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 pm

goodluck with the new manifold, hopefully you and the tuner can figure out a method on how to get that dropoff after 3800rpm fixed
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 am

Im may have some bad news. I can't boost as high with the SDK manifold, and still have the same dropoff. This may not be the case with a larger turbo, but IDK. As for the stock turbo I have verified my tune is correct, I have no boost leaks and the PCM has fully learned the fuel trims. I have added 8% fuel to maintain high 11 AFR's and can barley hit 20psi. I do have some STKR and LTKR but it's no more than I had with the stock manifold. My WGDC os maxxed at 95% with no deviation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:54 am

This does not reflect negatively on the performance of the SDK manifold. It may only elude to the poor performance of the stock turbo.
Back to top Go down
noender
Admin
noender

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm

how does the car feel? from what i can see it looks like the SDK manifold takes more time for the turbo to spool up. is that correct?
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:00 pm

The car still feels strong, but there is no way to say if its a little bit stronger, weaker, or the exact same. And yes, it takes longer to spool, which is odd, this being such a small turbo.

I am perplexed.
Back to top Go down
XLude23
XLude23

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Could it be that small amount of difference on the cam gears?
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Don't remind me Face Palm

No, I dynoed 275/423 on the current cam gear timing Yes Nod

It seems that the trend in ported applications is to sacrifice a few TQ for a few HP. Unfortunetly the only way to know for sure is the only tool I don't have. A dyno.

Duster suggested a heavier spring. Like AGP or S2. I am gonna try and get my hands on one locally and see how much of a difference it makes. The car is still strong, just how strong compared to stock manifold is the question.
Back to top Go down
m3boost
m3boost

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:24 am

By getting a higher flowing intake, your engine can now breath easier. But you small turbo can't provide enough air fast enough. It's the the reason your torque is lower. You have to find the balance of what you want. Being front wheel drive, I would go with a turbo that will give full boost at around 4000 rpm or slightly higher. This will help with traction issues in first and second gear as set boost won't be achieved. Once third comes in, it will be a good highway killer as full boost will stay longer and well into the upper rpms.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:15 pm

m3boost wrote:
By getting a higher flowing intake, your engine can now breath easier. But you small turbo can't provide enough air fast enough. It's the the reason your torque is lower. You have to find the balance of what you want. Being front wheel drive, I would go with a turbo that will give full boost at around 4000 rpm or slightly higher. This will help with traction issues in first and second gear as set boost won't be achieved. Once third comes in, it will be a good highway killer as full boost will stay longer and well into the upper rpms.

It's very refreshing to talk to someone locally who seems to know what they are talking about, Tech-wise. happy2

I use the stock intake, it's a CAI from the factory, on the stock turbo there is very small gains to be had with an aftermarket CAI. (SRI's lose power)

My Torque on last dyno is higher, by a shit ton. I dyno'd 275Hp and 423Tq.

Now the front wheel drive aspect does benifet from lower boost in the lower RPM's on the streets, I will agree to that. I can adjust my boost for wherever I want it to peak, and however slow I want it to come on. Right now I keep it under 18psi until 3K and then ~20psi from 3 to 5K. On another note, if I had to wait until 4000 rpm's for full boost I would kill myself! Right now I can achieve about 16psi by 2800 rpms, then it skyrockets into infinity if I would let it. My Waste Gate Duty Cycle is super low since I made my own wastegate and lowered the boost. On 91 I get some pretty high temperatures without Water Injection. It's not a huge concern, as my E85 tune spanks all that is ass in the FF class.

In other news, I have a 16g on order, with a 39lb wheel. The fun level is about to go way up dance , and the traction level is about to go way down Squint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My stock manifold data. >pics inside<   My stock manifold data. >pics inside< I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My stock manifold data. >pics inside<
Page 1 of 1