Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

s14 4 piston brake upgrade.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

s14 4 piston brake upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:00 am

Basic tools.. hub socket. metrick socket set and wrenches.

The brakes are from a z32 91-96 300zx.

Part list.
Try to get all parts from the same donor vehicle.

z32 brake calipers,
z32 brake rotors.
SPL> ebay stainless steel braided conversion brake lines.

Note: For those s14 4 lug. just take the z32 rotos and have a machine shop drill them to your 4 lug bolt pattern.

If you want to have a brake dust shield just grind off the s14 one and bend it backwards until the rotor does not hit it.

Also you need to grind off part of the dust shield were the caliper will go in order to fit.

Make sure you install the caliper with the bleeder pointing up.

clean all parts and make sure to torque everything using the FSM specs.

Bleed the brake system using your favorite method until you see no evidence of air. bubbles, white foam etc..

I also got the matching brake master cylinder wish is bigger than the s14s for better brake pedal feel.

Everything fits except for one of the brake lines at the master cylinder. You need to get an adapter fitting in order to make it bolt on. DON'T BUY THE ONE OFF EBAY IT DOES NOT WORK. I REPEAT. IT DOES NOT WORK FOR S14.

Take the z32 master cylinder and one of your s14 steel brake line to your favorite parst store and try to find an adapter fitting that will make it work.

Impressions.. 8 pistons of barking power in the front feels awesome and the car now really stops. amazing!. next will be a hydraulic e-brake.

good luck.
Back to top Go down
biggiez33
Power Shifting
biggiez33

PostSubject: Re: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 am

great DIY.....estodo armando
Back to top Go down
http://my350z.com
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 pm

cuanto te costo con todo?
Back to top Go down
jdm95eg
Clutchless Shifting
jdm95eg

PostSubject: Re: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:00 pm

good explanations good job
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com    eg_95ls@yahoo.com email
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

PostSubject: Re: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Nixon wrote:
cuanto te costo con todo?

Front/rear loaded spindels with calipers/disco rotor/brake pads. all shims and bolts nuts and master cylinder. 260dlls
performance stainless steel braided lines 45dlls

310dlls.

I still have the rears save up till I get some skyline rear Ebrake lines to make them work properly with a hydroulic brake 150dll more
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:46 am

orale, good stuff. ive wanted to do this but i want to do the 5 lug swap =$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: s14 4 piston brake upgrade.   s14 4 piston brake upgrade. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

s14 4 piston brake upgrade.
Page 1 of 1