Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD Empty
PostSubject: Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD   Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Ok i really need your help on this one. Should I go ahead and buy the LSD or just weld my differential? What are the advantages of having an LSD besides no tire skipping?
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

PostSubject: Re: Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD   Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Hey mezaBMX From personal experience,
I welded my diff land run it for 3 months or so. here the pros and cons.

Pros: Awesome for Drifting Always lock Almost Maintenece free, even the pros use it. Perfect for a Track drift only kind of use. Cheapest best locking diff ever.

Cons: it is a nightmare for street daily used. wheels feel likes they are going to rip the Coils when turning. Any uneven tire pressure or tire size will make it pull to either side like crazy. Horrible at high speeds and very dangerous, Tires will be consumed super fast and puts a unnecessary load to transmission.

I'm currently Using a VSLD for almost 3 years now.

Pros: Locks well for drifting, super friendly daily drive. Good for drag racing good for inspirited mountain racing. Plenty available at a good price. Good for under 250hp.

Cons: VLSD will UNlock when over heated also called(phantom lock.) Must change oil every 4 months if drifted a lot. I recommend shimming for wear correction.

I'm saving up for a Kazz 2-way. Nixon is running one on his S13 ask him how it feels.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD   Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 am

Yeah Im also getting a Kaaz Super Q 2 Way this April but I wanted to know first hand before throwing in the money for it.

Sure Ill go ahead and ask him, thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD   Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 am

Yeah I've had a kaaz 2 way for like 4 years now. Awesome for drifting and any type of aggressive driving. You have to learn how to drive the car though. Like at what throttle percentage will make it lock how much. In neutral itll be open. When on the gas it will lock. When decelerating in gear it will lock. Kinda noisy at low speed corners. Kinda pain in the ass like in drive threws. U turns are tricky too. If you learn to drive with it it's awesome and trouble free. Change the diff oil like once a year. Kaaz oil is like $55 tomei is $45.

If you go friday night to in-n-out ill give you a ride
Back to top Go down
MezaS13
MezaS13

PostSubject: Re: Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD   Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:39 pm

You've never needed an overhaul kit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD   Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welded Diff. vs. 2-Way LSD
Page 1 of 1