Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Hater U. Touge Run 2012

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

Hater U. Touge Run 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 am

Some of the Hater U. Hitting the Mountains..

Will never for get this day.!!!

Can"t wait for the next one..

Wink

Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:44 am

Im in for sure for the next one once i fix my brakes!! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 am

touge looks fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.datsskateboards.com
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:36 pm

I'll join next time. I really want to see rocket in action
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:53 am

it was definately a lot of fun, and uly im pretty sure yould be right there with us... maybe not on the straights though haha.

i wish more people could go but as me n ken were discussing, theres very few of us that have their cars setup for this type of stuff. we had 3 cars with coilovers, sway bars, adjustable arms, etc. neils car has the full eibach setup, and emilio has legit springs, and we all had decent tires and our cars were in good running order. we cant have guys with "bad tires" "bad brakes" "cut springs" etc. mainly for their safety but also for the rest of our safety. luckily we had no major incidents this time but you never know when an animal will run accross, or sudden puddles after a blind corner or when the lead car goes into a corner too fast and has to slam on the brakes. sadly most cars in the valley focus on going fast in a straight line...... they need to watch Initial D haha
Back to top Go down
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:38 am

Nixon wrote:
sadly most cars in the valley focus on going fast in a straight line...... they need to watch Initial D haha

I agree. the norm is everybody thinking about the best car is the fast in a straight line. You are right, number of cars should be limited to keep this fun and safe.
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:42 am

I was the beginner that day and driving fast on an unpredictable windy road full of unpredictable turns blind corners can be very challenging and dangerous. I didn't knew the road like my boys did so i focus on learning the road and paying attention on how is the best way to take some of the corners. I Could push my car a lot more harder but That would be just plain stupid because simply I was not ready for it and I don't have the experience to do so safely. but the idea behind this was not to race against each other or prove who is the better or faster car/driver. The idea behind the hater U run was to have great time and learn your and your car's weakness at a safe and fun speed.

Togue is a learning experience and it take a lot of practice, time and study to set up the car just right and learn to be good for this kind of driving.

Your car can be very fast on a straight line but also very dangerous on the corners.

Back to top Go down
RyaMoto
Clutchless Shifting
RyaMoto

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 am

I would go to just cruise the canyons and enjoy the scenary, most stock setups can handle some touge runs to a certain degree
Back to top Go down
http://www.datsskateboards.com
Nixon
Power Shifting
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:29 am

yes stock cars CAN cruise these roads. but we were going fast. me n Neil agree, this wast the fastest weve driven these roads. just the fact that i had Jesse on my ass made me push harder, and then everyone went faster to keep up. i had the car step out on me a couple times and i know my brakes were feeling the heat too haha

so yeah we werent racing

but yeah we were goin fast, fast enough to make motorcycles and "sporty" cars get out the way
Back to top Go down
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 pm

ARMAZECRETA wrote:

Togue is a learning experience and it take a lot of practice, time and study to set up the car just right and learn to be good for this kind of driving.

Your car can be very fast on a straight line but also very dangerous on the corners.

You are right Arma, I remember first time I was on Campo Rd, I was anxious to press the gas pedal, but those roads are tight and not too much space to fix if your car over/understeer (not mean drifting, I mean really loose control). Other factor to consider is motorcycles. They are fast and has a lot more road (proportions), you could for example turn fast and then a motorcycle in front of you.

I prefer always La Rumorosa because you have 2 lanes and better chance to have circuit style driving. I've been driving there for more than 6 years and I know where I can risk a bit and where not. Cons in La Rumorosa are 1.- Traffic 2.- Rock on the road sometimes 3.- Toll Road

I can host touge here, but it could last half day because uphill takes 11-12 minutes and downhill 14-15 min. The best part is downhill... Maybe someone not require to see Initial D any more.. PAPER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hater U. Touge Run 2012   Hater U. Touge Run 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hater U. Touge Run 2012
Page 1 of 1