Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

need.some info

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baxman
Baxman

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 pm

Does.anyone know.of.a.good.machine shop in Mex or in the valley that is open on thw weekend and does.a good job i.need to put.my motor together. And also someone who doeant jack or screws me over
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

I highly recommend Charlie Bennet.

There is also Carquest, but I don't personally rust them because they wanted to dip my head in acid after it for new valve seals. They also would not measure my head and block for me without me paying them. (It took me 5 mins to do myself once I got the right edge)

Charlie's number is 760-960-8142 but he's not open on weekends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
m3boost
m3boost

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 am

03RedSRT4 wrote:
I highly recommend Charlie Bennet.

There is also Carquest, but I don't personally rust them because they wanted to dip my head in acid after it for new valve seals. They also would not measure my head and block for me without me paying them. (It took me 5 mins to do myself once I got the right edge)

Charlie's number is 760-960-8142 but he's not open on weekends.

Did you get your internals balanced by Charlie?
Back to top Go down
solis_ek9
Clutchless Shifting
solis_ek9

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:44 am

Baxmax H & A i heard its cheap and there good.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 pm

I haven't selected my pistons yet, so I haven't had anything weighted and balanced yet. I did go to him with my head, and he determined that it did not need machine surfacing, but it needed to be flattened. He helped me out and showed me a lot of things. He's a great guy and I would not hesitate to go back to him. He's been doing this for a looooong time.
Back to top Go down
solis_ek9
Clutchless Shifting
solis_ek9

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm

03redsrt4 how much power do u want to make.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I don't want to make any more power. I have enough at the moment, and I need to concentrate on the necessairy hardware for race tracks. I want to compete with the V8's and V10's at Buttonwillow.

The motor build will be a few year endeavor. It's wont be fast. It will be as bulletproof as I can make it, crank strap, windage tray, ect. Probably a C16 or Q16 motor.
Back to top Go down
solis_ek9
Clutchless Shifting
solis_ek9

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

oh i see yeah thats kool a lil v4 beating modify v8 and v10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need.some info Empty
PostSubject: Re: need.some info   need.some info I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need.some info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scene(cars, trucks, bikes, street, off-road) :: Tech-Talk and Set-Ups-
Jump to: