Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?

Go down 
+15
duffman
Mr. Acura Ls
Suave_Chocolate
solis_ek9
Admin
Uly
micastle64
jdm95eg
tone760
RougeSrt
RyaMoto
nefarious187
Nelz_VW
03RedSRT4
ChepeTech
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Uly that abandoned air strip is also a huge consideration! lets talk about this as well. 1 million coverage is completely do able man!
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 pm

I really want to make sure we include Nelz in all this as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:09 pm

ChepeTech wrote:
I think we might be able to discuss this next weekend and I will invite those to my pad to discuss furthur plans.

So this means inNout for you chepe?? Naughty
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 pm

ChepeTech wrote:
Uly that abandoned air strip is also a huge consideration! lets talk about this as well. 1 million coverage is completely do able man!

Yeah a one million dollar coverage makes a lot more sense. I wasnt thinking about it like that I thought that was how much it was gonna cost per month or year. What do you do for living chepe unless you have a plan to make break that's still a lot of money for one human to make it happen. That's really cool how serious you are about it man. You and nelz are the shit.Smile
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:44 pm

i couldnt get the quote thingy to work guys! lmao!

Uly--Yes I will make it out to In n Out this weekend. My Japanese beauty should be running. Smile I have never been out there.... its been years since I have gone to a meet.

Nefarious-- What i do for a living? I am an the Lead Engineer for the Information Systems Technology Department at IVC. I also own property and have a business. Smile I am very serious about this, I really believe that this will be great for the valley, I would have loved this as a young racer. I hope that if this goes go down I will get the support from all the enthusiast to keep this place opened.

I am also here to help all the tuners or racers who want to be tuners, I have many years building race cars and I am willing to share that experience. all you have to do is ask.
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Cheps the other thing for the strip is that the military uses it and that was another excuse they gave me. He said they use it for the parachute guys(paratroopers?). Idk the airstrip is extremely doable for an auto-x/drift and even drag! But one major problem about that is........its holtville!! And eerything is pretty much approved by the farmers with cash. They run the town! Pretty much every business in holtville is owned by a farmer or a friend or relative of one. Someone from outside will never get the chance unless you got cash to give........super lame!
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I can handle the politics, I know most of those guys. Where exactly is the strip at? I'm gonna need to go and check it out. and talk to the owner, the military cannot parachute there without permission of the owner. If the owner decides that he does not want the military parachuting there he has the right to stop that. But I wouldnt mind sharing the strip with them... sharing it with the military can guarantee our welcome there. we cooperate and they cooperate. and if the military is involved the farmers will probably not bother us.

If we give the owner of the property a cut, Im pretty sure he can handle the politics as well. The owner will benefit from this as well. I need to talk to the owner first before I talk to the farmers.

I have done good business with some of these business owners in holtville. I got a good rep there. Wink hopefully it all goes well Uly! Thanks for your help man, really appreciate all you feedback!

Let me know where its located.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm

This is starting to look goood guys.. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nayelly.salgado
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 pm

I have my finger crossed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivscene.net
solis_ek9
Clutchless Shifting
solis_ek9

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 am

yeah i would pay 35 a month but to race like a drag strip not auto cross
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd pay good money to be the fastest car in the valley. 1/4 mile and 1 mile.

I hold the standing mile record round these parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Thats cuz theres a lot of fixed up cars that dont want to run on the streets due to too much cash put in.

But i can think of at least one car in the valley that would beat your record....hahaha all instigator!!
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:51 am

Did ac1 do the mile run? He might've been the fastest then when you ran it on e85 and stock turbo. Now it's a different story with the bwstage3
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:38 am

He did the mile run as well, but didn't time it. I passed the marker at 147 and he passed it at 148, but he spun out for a while at the beginning and got a bad start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 pm

You'd eat him alive now....can't wait to take a passenger ride in your car
Back to top Go down
tone760
Clutchless Shifting
tone760

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:24 pm

haha theres faster cars in the valley dats fo sure
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Soooooo back on tract........any news on any of the three locations?
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 pm

yeah i talked to one of my buddies, He will be having a meeting with the holtville chamber of commerce this week. he has some connections between then and the city. He wants to make sure he has the chambers blessings before he continues to the city. He will try to have the chamber back him up and help him negociate. I wont know until friday. He is also an investor and has a huge interest. We talked about it and have agreed that the air strip would be a great location to start.
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 am

To start???? I think once started it would be a great location to stay! Unless theres enough money to build elsewhere.

I think a perfect example and something i wish i could someday do is build a track like the willow springs raceway!! They are really chill with all the permit stuff. They are more of a kickback track. They slowly have been expanding and making little tracks here and there but still intheir properties. They even have garages for the racers and theres a cafeteria place. I think that would be bad ass here!!! But thats a lot of cash!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 am

It would be great. But we all need to work on this and support this project that chepetech and nelllz are working on If you guys Need extra hands just Let us know.

We all can help!!

Good luck chepetech and nellz I really hope this project come a reality.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ivscene.net
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:06 am

Uly- To start, I mean start with whats there. Then slowly grow into it. Exactly what your saying Cafeteria, garages...etc.

Admin- Thank you, We will definately be asking for help. thanks!

I actually have a guy that is willing to spend 3 million dollars on building a brand new track. Obviously he is not from here. He already had blueprints to build a huge track in Ocotillo. It wasn't only a track for racing though. they were going to do police trainning, border patrol training...etc. it was a great plan. it was really huge, the city of ocotillo was down. the people were not, so he couldnt build it. Im gonna call him up as well and see if he is willing to help out, we have to convince the city of holtville first.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks Admin.. The more the hands on this the greater the results I haven't really checked up on any of the stuff cus i wasn't sure what you guys wanted to do.. But whatever help anyone needs i'm down.. it's just a matter of askin that's for sure..
Back to top Go down
Suave_Chocolate
Power Shifting
Suave_Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I like where this is going happy
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 pm

^^ i agree =D
Back to top Go down
Mr. Acura Ls
Mr. Acura Ls

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

hey guys why not charge like 15 bucks a head if 100 people show up thats $1500
plus people woud see a shit load of cars and just stop by.... just my opinion
Chuckle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?   Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fair Grounds Race track? Or big empty parking lots?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next