Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

The truth behind octane boosters.!

Go down 
+2
RougeSrt
ARMAZECRETA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

The truth behind octane boosters.! Empty
PostSubject: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm

I couldn't believe it my self!

What about Fuel?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:00 pm

lol its funny the higher we have is 91!
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm

The back of the bottles say they raise octane "one point" which is .1. So a bottle of this would increase your octane to 91.1 octane.

You get better results from Moth balls. (dont try it though)

-2% across the board kinda points at a test flaw though...

If your car has a computer, that computer most likely logs, learns, and remembers its parameters with regard to the performance of your fuel. If you put 87 in the car, and drive, the computer will learn what timing and boost (for us cool guys) the car can run. When the computer begins to see knock, it stores the information, and won't attempt to advance the timing beyond that point. If you then fill your car with 100 octane, guess what?...... The computer doesn't know it. You are still limited to that timing.

Some new computers can tell the difference in octane, but mine cant.

IMO, this test should have been done after fresh resets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
brybry
brybry

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 am

RougeSrt wrote:
u could go to Yuma... I heard they have octane 94 Big Grin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bryan.v.lopez.5
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 am

brybry wrote:
RougeSrt wrote:
u could go to Yuma... I heard they have octane 94 Big Grin

lol too far a drive, Ill just use an octane booster..........wait a minute

Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:43 am

VP sells real race gas. East Main Street.
Back to top Go down
Suave_Chocolate
Power Shifting
Suave_Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

03RedSRT4 wrote:
VP sells real race gas. East Main Street.

+1 Iagree
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:40 pm

I believe octane booster is a wast of money, I would personally go out and buy racing fuel. you can mix that with your gas and it will give you a nice octane boost. Unless you want to run racing fuel alone, but thats hella expensive and not recommended for daily driving. I use to be able to buy jet fuel in Calexico, they won't sell it to me anymore. NOW that was awesome....I also fried my valves! lol! It literally shrank my valves. the heat was too high. Smile
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Posted by NorthNJSRT4 on srtforums.com: When you run the performance tune on 91octane you have the choice of adding more fuel, reducing the boost, pulling timing or a combination of two or more. If you were seeing 2 counts of knock the easiest thing to do would be to pull 1 degree of timing from the RPM range you're seeing knock and you're done. 1 count of knock is acceptable, more than that needs to be tuned out.

If you want to run race gas you can do 7.5 gallons of 91 octane and 2.5 gallons of 100 octane to make 10 gallons of 93.25 octane. If you have 110 or 116 octane just substitute that into the equation using less of it and more 91 to get the same end result.

[(7.5 * 91)+(2.5 * 100)] \ 10 = 93.25
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The truth behind octane boosters.!   The truth behind octane boosters.! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The truth behind octane boosters.!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scene(cars, trucks, bikes, street, off-road) :: Tech-Talk and Set-Ups-
Jump to: