Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

what oil is the best!?

Go down 
+4
Uly
03RedSRT4
Suave_Chocolate
big_jay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
big_jay
Granny Shifting
big_jay

what oil is the best!? Empty
PostSubject: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 am

didnt see a typical forum topic so lets get something interesting going here!! a little forum war! =)

always a war between which oil is better

so maybe state what oil you use now and what you used then and why you switched, or if you stay loyal to the oil since day 1!

whether its somthing you get at a local shop (valvoline, castrol, penzzoil, mobile 1, royal purple, peak, quaker state) or something you have to order online (rotella, redline, motul, amsoil, brad penn) and well if you use synthetic or conventional or that 50/50 mid syntheteic jaja

what weight or VISCOSITY do you run and does it stay the same through out the year

and well maybe how often do you change it also! not how often you would like to or should change it, how often do you really change it!!
Back to top Go down
Suave_Chocolate
Power Shifting
Suave_Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:08 am

good topic Big_jay!! haha

Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe

I'm running Valvoline 10w-40 conventional in the engine
Nissan OEM Oil Filter
Nissan Manual Transmission Fluid for my 6spd
Mobil 1, 75w-90 gear oil in my V-LSD

I changed all fluids a week or two, after I got my ride and the car definitely runs smoother

I had heard somewhere that Amsoil was probably the best all around but its hard to find.

and Redline had really good reviews and really bad reviews in different transmissions but overall held up nice in differentials.
Back to top Go down
big_jay
Granny Shifting
big_jay

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:02 am

02 wrx

engine: royal purple 10w30

filter: mobile 1 (only thing in stock at time of purchase)

tranny and diff: dealership fluids

ive always used mobil 1 in my prior car, (00 galant on 22's jajaja)

but since i got my vr6 i switched to royal purple and stayed the same so thats what i put in my subie

i change it every 4,000 due to the fact that its fucking synthetic and fucking expensive and royal purple recommends changing every 12,000 or every year which ever comes 1st ( i do my research before buying and using on everything =D )

but i need an oil, tranny, and diff change asap and i herd the same of amsoil motor oil, that its one of the best especially for turbo cars, so im planning on buying some of that or some motul or upgrading to hps royral p. 10w40 or xpr royal p. 10w40

for my tranny and diff im going with out a doubt motul, found out through research and forums that all subie shop use this oil (motor, trans, and diff) and i dont think its a coinsidence that all of them use it. read real good stuff for this oil so i have to try it out
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:43 am

These posts pretty much sum up my sentiments on the subject:

[QUOTE=7angofragger;9368648]Finally got it in! My car has 109k miles on it, completely stock internals, running 93oct, Mobil 1 10W-30.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rosejm;9393090]Just to add here, I've been sending samples to Blackstone for some time.

The last sample went a bit longer than I'd hoped (17k miles, I bought a house and moved). Was a bit worried, but the UOA showed that that was about the right amount of usage before a change.

I might stretch out their recommendations (they're being safe to CTA) to say 10k miles for your next change and submit another sample. With proper filtration, and a quality synthetic oil you shouldn't have any troubles.

Just think how much money you might be pouring away with synthetic changes every 3k miles.

The only thing I'd recommend differently about the extended change intervals is to check the level consistently to ensure that you don't run it low.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ValleyRacer;9393127]YOu're absolutely right you're throwing money away with 3K oil changes especialy synthetic and a good filter. IF someone were at the track or some situation where they raced full blast, full turbo, high heat, etc then an early oil change would be justified.
For people just using their cars, boosting around, spirited driving, you can see from the tests that a 7k - 8K change cycle/interval with synthetic oil is OK.[/QUOTE]

On the srtforums we must have a thousand oil threads to include analysis, arguments, brand bashing, and articles. It seems Mobil 1 High Mileage has the highest concentration of ZDDP, and a lot of people are putting it in their transmissions now. I might start here soon. I use it for my motor because Crysler sent an addendum to the 2003 owners correcting the Owners Manual for spirited driving from 10W30 to 5W30. I feel at high boost levels and high RPM's I am safe with %w30, especially with 3000 mile changes. I am extending mine to 4 or 5K right now.

In my Impala research I have found that tests have shown that when you use a product like Techron, Seafoam or other detergents they usually blacken your oil faster than usual, and often the molecular size of the carbon increases. IDK how much, I really can't remember. I do know that WAI and E85 steam clean your engine, and after a few uses and an oil change your motor will have cleaner oil longer, and higher compression as well, most likely because of the removed carbon, not because of the cleaner oil.

I will say that all motors are different, and one oil may work best for one car, while another motor may not benefit so easily. Heat tolerances, and bearing clearances matter a lot here in the world of viscosity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:43 am

Wow big jay....this topic is a pain in the ass!! Im pretty sure youve been on the nasioc one too!! Hahahahaha good stuff tho!!

07 Impreza

Engine: mobile 1 5w-30

Filter: k&n

Tranny and diff: dealer

I can't put royal purple...its not recomended. That's what I used to put in my mr2 and miata tho
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm

this along with abortion is a controversial topic! lol

2004 Srt 4

at first I used Mobil One Full Synthetic 10W30 but have now switched to Bradd Penn

Filter: K&N or Mopar

Tranny: Royal Purple Syncromax

1996 VW GTI

Oil: Mobil 1 10W30

Filter: K&N

Tranny: Havent yet changed oil.
Back to top Go down
big_jay
Granny Shifting
big_jay

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 am

jaja i know its a touchy subject[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but just did it so we could have a new topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@03redSRT4 : yes theres hundreds of thousands of threads on oil so why couldnt ivscene have one to add to it jaja and i agree with rosejm that to check the level every once in while in long intervel oil changes, thats what i do on my 2011 malibu did the oil change at 8,000 with mobile 1 and im at 17,7 and ive had the car for 1 yr 4 months and planning on doing it when i do the subie(within 2 weeks) and planning to run it till the 30k to do a 30k service

@uly : i havent been on it on nasioc on the oil threads but i might have to get in it cuz i didnt know royal p. isnt recomended [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@rougeSRT : does brad penn run better than mobile 1?? ( sydeck was telling me a lot of good stuff about this oil but i dont know anyone personally that runs it) so ur 2 cents would help!
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:15 am

You Fancy HU! guys!

240sx.
Motor:Autozone HD40
Diff: Coastal 90-140
Tranny:Coastal 90-140

Cuz Drift car!
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:34 am

Big jay royal purple is not recomded for the 2.5 engine.....or you can say from 06 and up....but for 02-05 its cool
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:49 am

2003 LANCER OZ RALLY

ENGINE:CASTROL GTX

OIL FILTER:k&N

TRANNY:ROYAL PURPLE MAX ATF( AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID)

I ALWAYS USED CASTROL ON MY CAR AND MY OTHER CARS I OWNED ITS A GOOD OIL FOR A GOOD PRICE LIKE $15 FOR 5 QUARTS AT WALMART Big Grin AND I JUST UPGRADED FROM THE FRAM OIL FILTERS TO THE K&N Big Grin AND SINCE THE FIRST DAY I BOUGH MY OZ I CHANGE THE TRANNY OIL WITH THE ROYAL PURPLE MAX ATF AND IT SHIFTS SMOOTH Big Grin
Back to top Go down
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Guys for motors you can choose between Quaker, Penn, Royal or Mobil. Important is follow at least viscosity mark by the manufactured. For turbo a Synthetic is a most.

I see the kind of oil which is not easy to jeopardize is gear fluid. I see constant good feedback regarding RedLine. But in my case I used:

Motor: Penn 10w30 or Mobil 1 Synthe 10w30
Tranny: RedLine MT90
Transfer: Diaqueen Oil

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what oil is the best!?   what oil is the best!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what oil is the best!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scene(cars, trucks, bikes, street, off-road) :: Tech-Talk and Set-Ups-
Jump to: