Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Shooting range.

Go down 
+3
Lui
Chubaka
03RedSRT4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:57 pm

I have spoken with a few folks around town, and I understand there is a out door shooting range somewhere close. I have some ammunition that's not exactly "well, ummm, you get it" at an indoor range. I have been to Border Tactical a few times, but I would like to practice some maneuvers, and drills that aren't possible in an indoor range. My questions are: Where is this place? And how regulated is it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Chubaka
Admin
Chubaka

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:11 pm

its on aten i think
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:04 pm

I have driven Aten from IVC to where it ends close to base. I haven't seen anything. This place would have to be pretty far from the city.
Back to top Go down
Lui

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 am

I have seen it on aten also
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Between where and where? I just drove Aten again this morning from IVC to Base.
Back to top Go down
Baxman
Baxman

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 am

its right next to this metal building if your coming from aten express going to ivc youll pass the train tracks then that stop light and to your right you will see it. and there is another shooting range going to superstition on weeler road. ive seen people shoot 50 cals there.[i]
Back to top Go down
EK_TITO
Power Shifting
EK_TITO

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 am

Its on aten
Back to top Go down
Chubaka
Admin
Chubaka

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 am

EK_TITO wrote:
Its on aten

now i member its by the light on aten n clark
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 am

Okay, that's right next to my house, and I am thinking the reason I haven't seen it is because I was looking for something different. I know there is a border patrol/ customs compound there near the corner of Aten and Clark. I was looking at the more rural areas. That area would not accomodate the training and ammunition I am looking to use. I will go check it out in further detail now that I know where to look.

The place by Superstition sounds likt it would better suit my needs.
Back to top Go down
nsticks
nsticks

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:48 pm

There's a place out kinda towards Superstition. It's not THAT far out, but it's further west than the Navy base. I can't tell you the roads off the top of my head, but it's right when the farm lands turn into the desert. It's regulated by BLM now, I believe. Border Patrol used to use it for it's higher caliber and long range weaponry. There are some lengthy sections (one of them is at least 100 yards). Last time I went there with my brother, who's an officer at the port, and my dad who's retired BP... someone came up to us and charged us $20 to use the grounds, but he didn't ask us what we were shooting.
I'll try to talk to my family and get some more info for you.
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolTizok
OldSkoolTizok

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:48 am

The BP training facility shooting range is closed down, I use to train there when i was an explorer
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 am

Thta's good info there. I am a sea Cadet instructor. Similar to Explorers.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 am

I talked to an old guy and he said if I take Huff northbound and a left on wheeler about 1/4 mile on the dirt road there is a place I can take high caliber stuff. Is that Superstition?
Back to top Go down
nsticks
nsticks

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:23 am

Yeah man! That's the place.
Superstition is where a lot of people go to use their off road bikes and what not. And that range is kinda nearby the beginnings of all of the trails that lead out there.

We took an AR-15 and a highly modified sniper rifle out there. It's the place to go for the big guns.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Tight! I am gonna have to bring a video camera....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shooting range.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting range.    Shooting range.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting range.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: