Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. Empty
PostSubject: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:00 pm

What I am trying to do with this is educate some people on the cause and effect of partial throttle boost, and the KR it creates. IThis is my rough draft, and I was hoping to get tips on a better video. My goal is to make a short educational video on the subject of partial throttle boost and it's effect on timing, and knock retard.

Rough draft of video
My thoughts:
-Use Fullscreen to make better video.
-Try to figure out why the audio sounds so bad.

Let's make this educational and constructive please :thumbsup:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EDIT: Here is my second version, with some improvments, as requested by some other people. I switched the gauges to a digital view, and explained a few more things, and also added the graph view at the end. Enjoy.

Video 2 draft:

SRT-4 Partial thrttle boost effects. - YouTube

Last edited by 03RedSRT4 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Suave_Chocolate
Power Shifting
Suave_Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:39 am

sick video
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks man. I am going to make it better. This was my test video.

I think I will remove the Pid's not associated with the subject, and also utilize the graphing function for the final video. I also want to make some notes on it with regard to the knock pids, and clarify the difference between short term and long term knock. They also look different in the graph mode, which, I think, will allow novice tuners to understand LTKR better, and how is it stored in the PCM.
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:39 am

We really appreciate your spreading your knowledge.
The way you putting just make it easier to understand on what a tunner is looking at and forwhen making a tunning session. Is very interesting what the ECM does with the timing to save it butt. The importance of tunning in force induction is crucial for optimal performance.

Thanks srt-4
keep them coming.. the video very clear.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am looking at making a better video, and also another video describing the other pids, and how they are read my the PCM/ECU.

Timing is a critical factor of a forced induction car I HIGHLY agree. This is why I made the video. Some people are screwing their timing up and they don't even know it.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 am

Here is my second version, with some improvments, as requested by some other people. I switched the gauges to a digital view, and explained a few more things, and also added the graph view at the end. Enjoy.

Video 2 draft:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
noender
Admin
noender

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:55 pm

great video. understood it alot better than before PAPER keep the videos/info coming
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for watchin' and will do!
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:49 pm

03RedSRT4 wrote:
Here is my second version, with some improvments, as requested by some other people. I switched the gauges to a digital view, and explained a few more things, and also added the graph view at the end. Enjoy.

Video 2 draft:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I find it disturbing that every SRT owner in the valley hasn't watched this!

Francisco, you are exempt. I know you know your shit.
Back to top Go down
noender
Admin
noender

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:11 am

francisco with the black srt?
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
noender
Admin
noender

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm

hes my neighbor :P if his gf/wife has one 2
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm

She does, Green. Lol. Right on, Francisco is a good guy, helped me with some trans work. He knows his stuff and does his research too. I like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.   Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Partial throttle boost and what it does. My short video.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scene(cars, trucks, bikes, street, off-road) :: Tech-Talk and Set-Ups-
Jump to: