Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Wide tire size

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
duffman
duffman

Wide tire size Empty
PostSubject: Wide tire size   Wide tire size I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:06 am

Im thinking of buying new tires for my car since they look like they might not last me long, just to start fresh. Right now I have 225x40R18 and im for sure but just correct me if im wrong the middle numbers the width right. If it is i want to go a lil wider. Anyone riding on wide tires?
Back to top Go down
Chubaka
Admin
Chubaka

Wide tire size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide tire size   Wide tire size I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:24 am

duffman wrote:
Im thinking of buying new tires for my car since they look like they might not last me long, just to start fresh. Right now I have 225x40R18 and im for sure but just correct me if im wrong the middle numbers the width right. If it is i want to go a lil wider. Anyone riding on wide tires?

To go wider its the first numbers. 225 it the width, The 40 is the aspect ratio of the sidewall, which means the sidewall is 40% of the width. and well 18 is the rim size.
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

Wide tire size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide tire size   Wide tire size I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:54 am

Tire Class - "P"
The first character(s) in a tire size designate the tire's class. In this example, "P" indicates that the tire is a passenger car tire. An "LT" before the tire size designates a light truck tire, and no letter before the size indicates that it is a European metric tire.

Section Width - "205"
A metric tire's section width is measured in millimeters. This measurement is taken from sidewall to sidewall. In this example, the section width of the tire is 205mm.

Aspect Ratio - "65"
This number refers to the height of the sidewall. It is a percentage of the section width. In this example, 65 percent of the section width of 205mm equals 133.25.

Tire Construction - "R"
The "R" in this example indicates radial tire construction.

Wheel Diameter - "16"
This indicates the wheel diameter in inches.

Now something very important . "OFFSET"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Suave_Chocolate
Power Shifting
Suave_Chocolate

Wide tire size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide tire size   Wide tire size I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I was riding on 255's and its a big improvement to handling/traction with aggressive driving from the previous 215 tires I had
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

Wide tire size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide tire size   Wide tire size I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:43 pm

I rock some crappy ass 225/45 ZR17's. Falken Ziex. They are cheap and I am a tight wad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Sponsored content

Wide tire size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide tire size   Wide tire size I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wide tire size
Page 1 of 1