Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DriverPhotography
Power Shifting
DriverPhotography

4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) Empty
PostSubject: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm

1996 Mitsubishi mirage

My current 4g63t motor messed up. stock 14b turbo blew, lifters are bad!

Picked up another 4g63t motor and now i am waiting for a genuine Evo lll 16g turbo , Stage 4 Clutch, And gaskets to arrive.
i will be driving it with stock boost, just trying to get my car running as it was my daily driven ride lol
after i save up some money, i plan to get a intercooler kit setup, 3in full turbo back exhaust, 272/272 cams, proper fuel setup, and dsmlink for tuning.

Here are some pictures! enjoy Big Grin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Came with a bad turbo, i was informed about it, but still got it complete for a very nice deal.

The day she gave up on me Sad on the freeway going 70mph, blew smoke everywhere. drove it home. gladly i was almost home. leaked oil like crazy.

ordered a turbo manifold the day my turbo blew lol

The tear down 11/30/2012

12/1/2012

before

after

12/2/2012

before

After
before

after

Pretty much waiting on the turbo, clutch, and gaskets now. the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/driverphotography
evo_jfa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Ohh my... great to see an III in the IV. I have a friend of mine planning to do the same Smile
Back to top Go down
DriverPhotography
Power Shifting
DriverPhotography

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 pm

im actually located in indio :/ lol but i am familiar with the Imperial Valley (kinda) i used to go to mexicali alot to see family lol but if theres a meet out there and i have my ride running by then, ill gladly like to make a drive and hangout in the IV

your friend should just do it! lol
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 am

Wow dude you dissapeared and now you come back posting all this up!!! Hahahaa welcome back and i see you got rid of your honda!

Nice build by the way! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
DriverPhotography
Power Shifting
DriverPhotography

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 pm

hahah had to make a come back :p
yes sir, no more honda's for me. it was time to let that honda scene go and do something different and fun lol

thanks man. it's almost done lol a supra owner wants to run me lol he's 100% stock. he thinks he'll take this mirage, and i know ill take his supra lol but he's gonna have to wait, i will run him till i get it tuned with the right supporting mods. will go bigger cams, injectors, 3in turbo back, intercooler kit , and dsmlink tune lol

i would like to get 300fwhp on stock block. im sure i can get it there lol
Back to top Go down
DriverPhotography
Power Shifting
DriverPhotography

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 am

Clutch arrived today.
now waiting for turbo and gaskets Big Grin
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 am

nice to see more Mitsubishi fans and glad u got rid of that honda jaja no offense to the other Honda drivers but its time we step up a notch like come on ppl honda is not the only Japanese car brand there SUBARU SUZUKI NISSAN MITSUBISHI TOYOTA MAZDA LEXUS SCION well anyways good car and engine keep up the good work and be glad to see that mirage here in the valley Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 am

Just put the awd drivetrain and call it a day!
Back to top Go down
DriverPhotography
Power Shifting
DriverPhotography

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:12 pm

spkrs642 wrote:
nice to see more Mitsubishi fans and glad u got rid of that honda jaja no offense to the other Honda drivers but its time we step up a notch like come on ppl honda is not the only Japanese car brand there SUBARU SUZUKI NISSAN MITSUBISHI TOYOTA MAZDA LEXUS SCION well anyways good car and engine keep up the good work and be glad to see that mirage here in the valley Big Grin

ive been with honda for 8yrs, i think it was time to move on lol
this is not my first Mitsubishi though, i had a 350awhp talon tsi
but you'll probably see it out there in the IV at a car meet or something lol id be glad to take it out there once it's done

Uly wrote:
Just put the awd drivetrain and call it a day!

almost bought a donor car for $700. it was a 1990 gsx eclipse. thats where the motor actually came off of lol i was gonna buy the whole car but didnt have space to put it anywhere at my house. i was gonna do the AWD too ;/ i wanted to so bad but just didnt have space anywhere to put it lol
Back to top Go down
spkrs642
spkrs642

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:21 pm

nice i always wanted an eclipse first gen all wheel drive one day i will owned one Big Grin one question do u have some idea on how to turbo and what part will i need to turbo my 4g94 i already have some parts hope they will fit :?
Back to top Go down
DriverPhotography
Power Shifting
DriverPhotography

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 pm

no joke i do miss those body style dsm lol
this was my 350awhp monster
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

as for that motor man, i have no clue lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)   4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4g63 powered mirage (another swap in the making)
Page 1 of 1