Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

Intake Brand

Go down 
+6
nefarious187
robSSedan
Uly
duffman
nsticks
Nelz_VW
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:53 pm

So I'm looking for a Cold Air Intake for my car. There's a few brand options but not sure what to go with.. What do you guys recommend?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nayelly.salgado
nsticks
nsticks

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 pm

They're all pretty much the same. For your engine, you might see a 7HP gain regardless of brand.

Really the only differences are what the tubes are made out of -- aluminum or plastic. A plastic tube isn't as loud across the RPM range like aluminum tubes are, but theoretically plastic tubes keep the air cooler as it travels to the throttle body.
We live in the desert, so it's not necessary to look for an intake that has a bypass valve for water. Just get a Dry Charger for your filter for added dust protection and for when you go to the car wash.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Yeah on the Takeda it's 7HP/8 TQ And most of them are the Pro Dry somethinng the K & N "says' +15/HP but it's the metal one.
Back to top Go down
duffman
duffman

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 pm

You got a german car, go with APR on their Carbanio Intake, or AFE. Forge also makes one which they call a twintake:]
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:17 pm

I say you just get a carb legal intake cuz chp is a bitch! Or go neuspeed!! Old school euro brand
Back to top Go down
robSSedan
robSSedan

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm

I got K&N and no complaints, its cool cause they sell the cleaning kit and you never have to buy a filter again.
Back to top Go down
duffman
duffman

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Apr is legal i think, plus it comes with a carbon fiber cover so iT lOoks like it be factory while the filter lays underneath:)! And the forge one is carbon fiber too! Im hoping to buy the APR one soon!
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm

i have been.looking at carbon fiber ones aince i just want to leave everything as blak as bpossible.. Dont think ive seen forge brand and the k &n was cali legal..
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 am

Usually carb legal is AEM, K&N, Injen and i think thats it......its expensive to make something carb legal so a lot of companies just state its off road use only.
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:26 am

Yeah but when they arent legal its very rare they'll ship to california.. Theu all usually say 48 states legal or something like that...
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 am

Lower 48 states don't include Hawaii and Alaska.
Back to top Go down
micastle64
micastle64

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 am

I used to have a CAI in my eclipse and I ever wondered if it was really worth the expense and hassle of having one. The only noticeable thing after putting the CAI was the air sucking sound it made while WOT. Then I was always worrying about the thing falling, or dust storms, or god forbid rain....lol. Fun times.
Back to top Go down
robSSedan
robSSedan

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 am

Yeah what Nelz said it is very expensive for the company to get the carb legal sticker, so it depends on the car. Like my intake is K&N but not Carb legal since not to many Turbo cobalts where made, so not worth spending the money to make it Carb legal. They still ship to California because the company doesn't know our care if your using the intake for off road only our on the street.
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 am

robSSedan wrote:
Yeah what Uly said it is very expensive for the company to get the carb legal sticker, so it depends on the car. Like my intake is K&N but not Carb legal since not to many Turbo cobalts where made, so not worth spending the money to make it Carb legal. They still ship to California because the company doesn't know our care if your using the intake for off road only our on the street.

Fixed it for ya!
Back to top Go down
98.teggy.love
98.teggy.love

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:33 am

Yup I would not buy a intake that doesn't come with a carb sticker or plaque... CHP could possibly give you a ref for it...if they feel like being jerks that day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaclyn.jardon
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 am

Yeah getting a ref ticket isn't worth it nnow a days plus its not like the aprts to.my car can be found easil it be nice to have it completely illegal lol - but ill do that once I.get a project car Big Grin and for sure get a legal.intake..
Back to top Go down
duffman
duffman

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 am

Theres a couple APR dealers in Cali. They got a couple intakes to choose from on ECS Tuning, thats where ive been getting all my stuff lately, they also got APR on sale till August 3rd:p
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:20 pm

^^ It's all about the sales right.. Bahaha.. Yeah I'm an ebay shopper =D I'm gonna look into it today for sure.. I need to start getting my car together I'm being too coda lol jk..
Back to top Go down
duffman
duffman

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 am

Sales are amazing Big Grin!!! Thats why i wait to get my stuff xD Ive just been buying little things here and there to replace some parts and doing maintenence. So far i need one more thing and then its off to buying perfomance parts:) hehe doo it!!
Back to top Go down
Nelz_VW
Power Shifting
Nelz_VW

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah i am gonna do eventually i can upgrade my cars engine n beat nefarious lol. Chuckle But ill im giving it by the beginning of the year to have my car finished...
Back to top Go down
racerXrated
racerXrated

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:18 pm

If you want just drill some holes in the bottom of the intake box and get a K/N air filter carb legal and looks stock saves money same gain in HP as a
brand intake
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 am

Dang right Mr RacerXrated
Back to top Go down
racerXrated
racerXrated

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 am

Yes sir!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intake Brand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake Brand   Intake Brand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intake Brand
Page 1 of 1