Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

water pump instalation

Go down 
+2
ChepeTech
Baxman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Baxman
Baxman

water pump instalation Empty
PostSubject: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:30 pm

My water pump or my termostat took a dump on me and its been over heating on me
I have replaced my radiator with a dual core and it still over heats I am asking if anybody knows any good tips or on how to install one properlbecause I am gonna replnlace
it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 am

you can run your car without the thermostat, if it stops overheating then its your thermostat. you can also let your car warm up and squeeze the upper radiator hose. if the hose feels really stiff then your water pump is fine...this means you have pressure. BUT if your thermostat is stuck you will also have no pressure. thats why you need to remove the thermostat first and try it. Taking the water pump on those honda engines are not fun! since they are attached to the timming belt, the pulley tensionor for the timing belt is a bitch, you need to make sure that you put in a pin on the pulley after its compressed. good luck. I would try the thermostat first man!
Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 am

make sure that your radiator cap is on right as well, this can cause loss of pressure too and overheat your engine.
Back to top Go down
Baxman
Baxman

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 am

Alright yeah Ima try taking off the termosstat tomorrow and see if it has any pressure on that top hose ill tell you if that worked or not but I hppe I don't have to remove that water pump
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 am

You're using coolant right? Not 100% water?

100% water will boil, and evaporate. It will eventually lose volume and overheat, especially in the desert. I would burp your system WELL, and see if it still overheats. Also check the coolant for carbon, you may be able to rent the carbon test at Autozone. Not sure if they still do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
Baxman
Baxman

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Yea I have the right mixture I'm always checking it. I put in the half and half mixture plus more radiator fluid. And seems like it leaks a little close to the water pump I'm hoping its not that but if comes to worst ill change it. And I didn't know about that cabron test ill just check that out
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Top answers!! Yes autozone has that "chingadera" Radietor Fluid tester. make sure they give you the blue solution as wells..

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivscene.net
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:15 pm

It may be leaking out the "weep hole." Google it for your car's application.

Those chingaderas are a great indication of a head gasket failure.
Back to top Go down
nefarious187
Clutchless Shifting
nefarious187

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 pm

White boy say chingadera lol
Back to top Go down
Baxman
Baxman

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:59 pm

(Real time) this installation is hard is there anybody willing to help I got my friend and me working here. Free beer pm me For more info
Back to top Go down
Baxman
Baxman

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 pm

So I just checked the termosstat and it thrashed I think I just solved my problem I hope
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Replace it, but don't get a colder one thinking it'll improve cooling or horsepower like some ricers think.

The factory thermostat temperature will net you the best overall gas mileage.
Back to top Go down
Baxman
Baxman

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Yrah that's what I got the normal og one I didn't havre to rent the carbon tester deal. They didn't know what it was or I got it without knowing its call uv something and no leaks and now the car is running good so far ima see until the mid day tomorrow
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Figures. Half the time I go to parts stores, I have to explain things to the employees. Its mostly the younger ones. The older guys usually know a bit more. Nothing against any of them though, it's just the nature of the business.

I normally go to Autozone on 4th street, since it's close to my house. There is an older guy that works there, can't remember his name. He has dark curly hair I think, and he walks a bit off, maybe his knee is bad. He knows a lot about my old Chevy, and I like to get him at the counter if I have a question.

The UV tester is for AC systems. The carbon tester for the coolant, and just uses a dye. Here is what I was talking about: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Baxman
Baxman

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:59 pm

So car was running good until the next day found out there was a leak on the drivers side so now my new problem is the damn water pump. Another exceting journey
Back to top Go down
jdm95eg
Clutchless Shifting
jdm95eg

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm

well looks like your problem its fix hope everythong runs good from now on
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com    eg_95ls@yahoo.com email
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: water pump instalation   water pump instalation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

water pump instalation
Page 1 of 1