Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Greasy Knuckles- Street Off-Road Race Show.

Home*Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We Thank You For Your Support!

The tear down has begun

Go down 
+2
03RedSRT4
m3boost
6 posters
AuthorMessage
m3boost
m3boost

The tear down has begun Empty
PostSubject: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

45 mins. later.....

The future 1ltr killer.

Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 pm

I have a few buddies with GT35R's. They are bad ass. Were those dyno's done on 91?

Sick ass car man. Especially a RWD. Personally, I have never driven a RWD turbo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.srtforums.com
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice M3! Always been a fan of those! Especially the e30's
Back to top Go down
m3boost
m3boost

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 pm

03RedSRT4 wrote:
I have a few buddies with GT35R's. They are bad ass. Were those dyno's done on 91?

Sick ass car man. Especially a RWD. Personally, I have never driven a RWD turbo.

They were done 5 gal of VP with the rest being 91 octane. The tuning is very conservative. With just 91 octane, I tuned it to 385 rwhp for the e36, and 395 rwhp for the e30. My goal will be 450 rwhp on 91 octane with w/m injection and 600+ rwhp with VP fuel. That's with the gt35r.. I'm still debating on going with a gt4094r.

The e30 is useless with anything over 450 rwhp. When boost kicks while driving at 85 mph, the back end wants to meet the front end. It's scary. I would have to do major fender rolling for wider meat.

This is what a gt4094r at 13 psi will do to a GT500,, Notice how the GT500
punched it first and how quickly he got reeled in

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and what 600rwhp will do to TT GT500 and a bike

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
ChepeTech
ChepeTech

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:29 am

Sick rides man! Love that e30! I had an s54, I had such a hard time with my ECM and turbo to get along. Nightmare! Good luck man!
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Man that's some power there. I LOVE it! Yes Nod

That's a beast car. My wife would love it if my car was that fast. She occasionally gets stared at by people in other cars who try to race her, she has actually blown the doors off more cars on the highway than me Chuckle
Back to top Go down
RougeSrt
Quick Shifting

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:00 pm

03RedSRT4 wrote:
Man that's some power there. I LOVE it! Yes Nod

That's a beast car. My wife would love it if my car was that fast. She occasionally gets stared at by people in other cars who try to race her, she has actually blown the doors off more cars on the highway than me Chuckle

niiiice! I've seen her driving the SRT a few times
Back to top Go down
m3boost
m3boost

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Here's an update. Slow progress as I'm waiting for the head. Cleaning block and getting it ready to o-ring it. I'll be renting a groove-o-matic this coming week. Turbo manifold is also getting p & p.
Back to top Go down
Uly
Admin
Uly

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:28 am

Niiiice
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm

That is the most confusing engine bay I have ever seen there. About all I recognize is the AGP FPR. LOL.
Back to top Go down
m3boost
m3boost

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:22 am

03RedSRT4 wrote:
That is the most confusing engine bay I have ever seen there. About all I recognize is the AGP FPR. LOL.

It's the whole wiring harness at the top right. I didn't want to remove it with the engine. On the left is the w/m injection pump.Not difficult at all. I know the e36 by heart. Very simple to work on. I could have o-ringed in the engine bay. But since I also have to replace the clutch, it takes less time to just remove the eng/tran.
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

On the left side and right side, what are the things with 4 bolt holes? It looks like you have two differentials there.
Back to top Go down
ARMAZECRETA
Admin
ARMAZECRETA

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Those are for the radi core or the bumper brace??? Hu!
Back to top Go down
m3boost
m3boost

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm

it's where the bumper is attached
Back to top Go down
03RedSRT4
Clutchless Shifting
03RedSRT4

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Ohh. It looked like those spin, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The tear down has begun   The tear down has begun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The tear down has begun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Scene(cars, trucks, bikes, street, off-road) :: Tech-Talk and Set-Ups-
Jump to: